Who We Are
Covenant Community Church and the United Church of Christ are open and affirming. We are committed to building our congregation to be a community of radical hospitality, proclaiming the Good News that liberates, reconciles and renews in the name of Jesus Christ. Through countless opportunities, people like you can learn and grow as members of our vital faith community that proclaims its faith in a God with Unconditional Love.
Statement of Faith
- In one triune God, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, of one substance and of three persons; God the Father, our Parent-Creator; Jesus Christ the only begotten son of God, God in flesh, human; and the Holy Spirit-God as our Sustainer.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, showing forth God to every person through the law and the prophets, and finally, completely and ultimately on earth in the being of Jesus Christ.
- That Jesus, The Christ, historically recorded as living some 2,000 years before this writing, is God incarnate, of human birth, fully God and fully human, born of a virgin birth and that being one with God, Jesus had demonstrated once and forever that all people are likewise Children of God, being spiritually made in God's image.
- That the Holy Spirit is God making known God's love and interest to all people. The Holy Spirit is God, available to and working through all who are willing to place their welfare in God's keeping.
- Every person is justified by grace to God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We are saved from loneliness, despair and degradation through God's gift of grace, as was declared by our Savior. Such grace is not earned, but is a pure gift from a God of pure love. We further commend the community of the faithful to a life of prayer; to seek genuine forgiveness of unkind, thoughtless and unloving acts; and to a committed life of Christian service.
- The Church serves to bring all people to God through Christ. To this end, it shall arrange for regular services of worship, prayer, interpretation of the scriptures, and edification through the teaching and preaching of the Word.